We understand that lifestyle change can be difficult because at first it can seem overwhelming. It can be both physically and mentally challenging at times but it is important to remember that the key to success is perseverance.
At no point in time should you feel that this is a quick-fix or fad diet because that is not what we are advocating. Turners Nutrition and Fitness believe in sustainable changes that will allow you to achieve your health targets in a safe and realistic way and then maintain a healthy lifestyle in the LONG-TERM. We don’t want you to be under the impression that healthy eating means consuming nothing but salad and fitness means nothing but running! Turner’s Nutrition and Fitness will be able to provide you with innovative and achievable alterations to your current lifestyle that should mean minimal disruption and maximum enjoyment!
It is a great idea to keep a very specific goal at the forefront of your mind so that when times get tricky (because no doubt they will), you are reminded of your motivation for embarking upon this lifestyle change.
It is important to remember that you are much more likely to continue to follow a healthy lifestyle if the day to day factors are taken into consideration. Turners Nutrition and Fitness aim to take every aspect of your life into account whether that be family, work commitments, stress or injury among many other things and help you to make your lifestyle a healthy one. If at any stage you feel that the plan doesn’t fit in around you, it is important to let us know.
Turners Nutrition and Fitness are here to support you and we pride ourselves on the fact that the support we provide is continual and we aim to be here for you when you need us! We only take on the number of clients we feel that we can give our full attention and commitment to so that you are provided with a high quality service. We want you to take pride in the fact that you have chosen to reach your goals using our expertise, knowledge and support and it is important that you use us to our full potential.
From our perspective it is a joy to help people who want to help themselves so motivation is key but we understand that motivation can sometimes subside for many different reasons.
Below are a few tips and hints to help you when times get tricky. Of course our clients can always drop us a text or email if you need some more individualised help.
KEEPING UP THE MOTIVATION
- put a picture of yourself on the fridge from a time when you were happy and healthy
- know that by making these life-style changes you could be decreasing your risk of many illnesses and diseases such as heart disease, type 2 diabetes, stroke etc.
BURNING THOSE FEW EXTRA CALORIES IF YOU ARE TRYING TO LOSE WEIGHT
- whilst you are waiting for the kettle to boil, pick up a couple of cans of beans and do some bicep curls
- walk instead of drive (if safe and realistic)
- get yourself a pedometer and set yourself a daily step target
- don’t carry the phone around the house with you, make a point of having to go into a specific room to answer it
- whilst you’re waiting for the bath to run, do some tricep dips on the side of the bath
- keeping fit doesn’t mean spending hours at the gym – break it down into bouts of 10 minutes throughout the day
- squat whilst you’re waiting for the kettle to boil
- do planks when the adverts are on
…just a few ideas to get you on your way to a happier, healthier you!
REDUCE EMOTIONAL EATING BY DISTRACTION
- sort out a cupboard or draw in your house
- sort out your wardrobe
- look through some old photos
- get yourself a glass of water
- go for a walk
- call a friend you haven’t spoken to in a while
We have many more tips and hints to help you maintain successful lifestyle changes so keep an eye on our website for more ideas as we will regularly update and add to our lists.